Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

My First German Friend

Hello Peoples!
Well I have been living with my host family for 3 weeks now and I think I am starting to have some regrets... I am regretting that I had not known them sooner! They are so cool and I am in love with the dynamic of my host family household. I had a wonderfully delicious Plaumkuchen (plum cake) that I helped make with my mom today. We visited Koln and it reminded me of where I live in the states a bit, it has a old money feeling to it that I really enjoyed.
But not everything here is as I thought it would be. I love the people at my school they are very nice and helpful, but it was a bit difficult to make friends. I am "the new kid" and I also am "the new kid" that cannot speak German very well. I am a very talkative person, but in unfamiliar situations I freeze and am very quiet unless asked a question. So for two weeks it was sitting alone at tables, and watching people observe my every move. But happily to say I have received many invitations to sit with people during breaks, visit cities with friends and to go to sporting events. I do not have a group of friends yet, but one girl has been very nice to me and now I have one person that I can define as more than an acquaintance. We have similar tastes in music and she has been to the U.S. We talk and are in a couple classes together. I am happy to have found a friend.
<3 <3 <3






P.S. I would love to visit other parts of Europe or Germany while I am here. Any suggestions? Please leave comments below <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment