Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Whats up?

Hey So...
I have been very busy lately. I have moved to a different city, with another host family and a new school. I have a new life and I love it. Today I went on one of the most interesting and challenging bike rides of my life. My host mom said that we were going to go to a festival thing and I wanted to come along. She said that we would ride bikes because it was not that far away and it would not be a hard ride. So I come downstairs with my casual sunday outfit and wearing flats. She is wearing something similar so I figured that I would be fine. After 5 min we approached a hill. It was not very steep but it was not easy and as soon as I was done I assumed that that would be the last hill. WRONG. We continued to ride through a forest with different terrain at every turn. Hills were abundant and breaks were few. We went through this crowded forest for around 45 min. My bike is not the best. It has very thin wheels, is crazy old and makes a wonderful sound when anyone over 5lbs sits on it. My Family has bikes that could ride easily up mountains and through mud. So when we arrive at this fest I chain my bike and proceed to sweat through every article of clothing that I had on. I watched people preform and an hour later we decided to go home. So after hopping on my bike I start to think about and dread the ride back home. Little did I know that my host family was showing me around and that all along we were only 15 min away from the house. I got home and laughed.

<3 <3 <3

P.S. I love my host family and I could not wish for anything more, except a different bike but as long as it gets me to school than I have no problems. I just wanted to share a funny story with you all!

4 comments:

  1. If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch families? Did you just contact the CBYX program cause you were having problems? (and p.s. Im not just some weirdo. Im going on CBYX next year so that's why Im reading your blog haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in munich we are only there for 7 weeks so after that time we are required to change families. After that I changed because my family only had space for me for a 1/2 a year. I moved to a new family in January and 3 weeks ago I moved again but only for a month, then I move back to the family I was at in January. Confusing I know but I have not moved due to any problems within my families. There are people in the program who do have problems though and the program is really good at getting them to better families, so I am sure if you have problems you can talk to your Area Rep. :)

    ReplyDelete